PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, January 7, 2013

Beauty, Hair & Style // Hair Secrets v. 01

Have you ever watched Shameless (the American version anyway)? Just note on why I ask specifically for the American version: much more raw (can you handle nudity? our family can..), easy-to-follow, and entertainingly brutal than the British version can ever be. Props to the British version for being the first, but Michael Hissrich (the producer) made the US version more appealing to its audience.

The American version follows the dysfunctional family of Frank Gallagher, a single father of six children. While he spends his days drunk (even leaving the states several times without knowing, which is extremely hilarious in my opinion - but that's up for you to decide when you watch it), his kids learn to take care of themselves (mainly with Fiona, the eldest girl, in charge).

Now let me tell you, raising one kid is NOT easy (even on a two individual salary)...but five others to feed, house and what not, I honor Fiona's ability to do so without loosing her sanity. She makes sure that e.v.e.r.y. single dollar is stretched so it makes a good use for what the children and the home really need, without Frank's back-stabbing help.

[ c/o Examiner ]

In honor of the show and the mere fact that every little thing must count, I decided to take the action upon myself a month ago when we had no money toward shampoo for like a few days (mind you, we're not poor...we just forgot to buy shampoo before we paid the bills!). I figured that since I really needed to wash my hair and our Dawn dish soap was available, I figured heck, why not?! The worst it can do is make my hair dry for a few days.

Oh.my.goodness. The reaction of the Dawn in my hair as opposed to what I originally thought, took me by shock. It was so silky after a normal shampoo and conditioner routine that I had to try it again the next time I washed my hair.

The same thing happened the very next time I washed my hair, which simply made me fall in love with the idea of saving money on shampoo while helping the environment of grease spills. Fiona, you're a lifesaver.

(What I recommend is to use it every week, at least once a week to clarify your hair of all the natural oil build-up. I used regular shampoo the third time and it made it even more silkier than what my hair originally felt like the first time before I used the Dawn dish soap).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover