PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Home Improvements // v. 01

Fabulosity (n) 1. a state of everything that is fabulous. 2. a quality ascribed 
to that which expresses glamour, style, charisma, power, and heart.


More than two years old (and back when Zak was just a couple of months old), I purchased a book called Fabulosity: What It Is and How To Get It by Kimora Lee Simmons herself. In this empowering book, Kimora - a top model, mother to two daughters and one son, national media presence, and president and creative director of multimillion-dollar Baby Phat company - shares her personal secrets of success and Fabulosity. 

Her book was and will probably always will be the instruction manual to empowering myself in all aspects of my life. Kimora would probably high-five me for listening to her when I kicked my ex-boyfriend to the curb after remaining a negative individual for almost a year and a half. Not only did I seek revenge on him from all the pain and suffering I had to endure, I learned how to unleash my inner and outer Fabulosity. Today, I am in a place where I want to be and I have a supportive fiancé who has let me quit my day job to do something I am most passionate about. Bless him for letting me stay at home while I watch our three year old and create the businesses of my dreams since September of 2012!

Even though I am at that point in my life where I know I can make it while being a stay-at-home mom, I am at that road where I feel stuck. I got the house, a nice car, an amazing support system, the ability to be a full-time entrepreneur and student...but what I am lacking is a creative work-space. This is where I feel stuck and that is where Fabulosity: What It Is and How To Get It comes into play.


#5 No Success Without Effort #9 Build A Powerful Persona 
#13 Strive For Fabulance #15 Live Large, Give Large

With the help of four laws of success out of the given 16 from the book, I want to first be able to transform my bedroom (where I currently work) into a love haven and small nursery (if we get that far this year, anyway!), and to move all of my work stuff into the middle room so I can have my own work space (and hopefully with baby gates!). Building a creative space along with an area that inspires me will help me step into the right direction while giving me that confidence to start my businesses rather than to be like "Ew, my walls are still white!"

At a later date (which is probably once I start getting my act together down here in my "woman-cave", as all the guys in our home call it), I will give you insight on the four laws of success in order for you to follow me while I build the work area and love shack of my dreams.


2 comments:

  1. wow, good for you! it's amazing how much people like kimora can share and influence others. I think i want to read her book now. i've always heard her name, but had no idea she was the driving force behind the Baby Phat label. impressive. thanks for making that connection for me, and introducing me to her book!

    xx. amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think having a creative office space is so important. Even though I just blog, I can see a huge difference in my mood when I'm in my own space to create. This sounds like a great plan for you!!! I am painting my office in our new house new weekend hopefully! I can't wait to start decorating it and designing the space. :) have a lovely weekend. I will email you soon.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover