PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Staying Healthy // Pregnancy v. 01

What a way to introduce Staying Healthy by simply saying the sex of a baby, or well.. the sex of a baby I'd rather have by the end of the year!

Honestly, staying healthy should be a major priority for every woman who is either pregnant or wants to become pregnant. For me, I want to be able to exercise through my next pregnancy and to eat all the right foods, for what? Yes you guessed it, a girl!


Ah-ha, now you see where I am getting at with the title. Ever since I made up my mind about wanting a baby girl rather than a wedding in 2013, I knew that I had to make "this" pregnancy different because A) I had a boy and uh-duh, I'm sure you know that, B) my last pregnancy was anything but healthy even though it resulted in a healthy baby, and C) I want a baby girl so that only means eating the "right" foods with enough exercise.

Even though it is understood through my resolutions to become healthier through #11 Stick With Daily Routine and #13 Take Better Care Of Myself, the same requirements will be sought even if I have a baby. Starting in mid-February (when we get our taxes and purchase the treadmill off Jordan's hands), I will want to exercise at least five days a week and even if I have a baby, it will not stop me from wanting to exercise through two hours of treadmill, yoga and weights (as well as with swimming once a week, just because our family consists of mermaids, no joke!) until the precious baby arrives. Fourty pounds will NEED to come off me this year, no matter what!

As far as nutrition is concerned, I will follow a baby-girl only diet even while I am during the conception phase. You never know when you conceive so its better to do it right than never, especially when a baby girl is involved. I will do whatever it takes, even if it means drinking a lot of pomegranate cranberry juice (I used to dislike cranberries up until Thanksgiving when I consumed myself of some cranberry jellies).

Now that I got my plan down, can the baby just hop in my uterus already?! Just saying.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats! Babies are a little further in the future for me (and I do me a LITTLE) but I am definitely trying to eat healthier so that when we do decide to start trying, I'm in the best shape I can be. I work out constantly but I could eat a whole pizza on my own if I wanted (and I have) I probably should stop that ;) Thanks for taking my survey!
    -Allison
    www.craftedlove.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's awesome how motivated you are. I plan to cycle a lot this year and cycle pregnant in the future. I think it's so much better to KEEP GOING!!! :) Good Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am trying Jessie, its really a lot of dedication and motivation (and I apologize for the lacking of the posts lately, but I am on the ball with updating until March 13th).

    We don't have a treadmill yet, but we do have a track near our home so I will definitely hit that up until it gets way too hot outside. And as far as trying, I believe I'm on the dot with my cycle...so pray it works?!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover